logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Penny Stock Picks (trading under $2.00)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2018,

Default Keep your trading computer separate

I have debated a long time on posting this or not but in the end I just have to do it. This is not a warning about scams, pump and dumps, or that sort of thing but another beast. This would be an issue for someone who runs a lot of money or someone who with secret sauce stuff. I do not fall in either category but I don't want to be snooped either.

I have been through many chat rooms in my brief time as a trader. One of the most alarming one I found recently is that some of the chat rooms, where you can be made a presenter, can snoop in on what you see and what you hear. Most of the time without you knowing it. These software were not made explicitly to snoop in on you but it is a side effect of not adding controls on the client side to prevent such a thing from happening. So just be aware that you can be snooped if you are in a chat room where you can be made a presenter. The fix for this is to put chat rooms in a separate computer. You can also throttle your upload bandwidth but I've found this causes problems for people who don't know what they are doing. The best solution for me has been to get a router and put the chat rooms/news/web browsing on a separate computer from the trading computer.