logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Charts, news and analysis (official contributors)

Old 12-16-2017,

Default brother_love How much money

I think a p/e of around 10 is pretty good in the energy sector, but I don't really concern myself much with that as I'm strictly a short term trader. I've been watching xom, cvx, bp, mro,hes, and veh (recent ipo that has been underperforming) for several months and trading them on the trends. xom defies all reason and keeps moving up when it should be pulling back, up about 30% since June, it's just a money machine, I think investors feel safe with xom, and how can you argue with that when they are holding $32 billion in cash and don't want to spend it other than a huge ($24 billion if I remember correctly) buyback.

MRO has developed a habit of reaching around $92 and then pulling back to about $87 and repaeating the cycle over and over, usually in 1 week cycles, even though it's a high priced stock, a $4 or $5 spread will make you money.
Old 12-17-2017,

If only Ernesto had developed shortly after the Lebanon/Israel cease fire, the well known (and hence safer imho) energy stocks pulled back and would have provided a great entry point leading into a hurricane.
Old 12-18-2017,

I think all of Wall Street and traders throughout America have been following it since it repeats on CNBC all day, and probably on DJ News as well.

I would say on this info alone, it would be a risky trade.
Old 12-18-2017,

Yes, but I doubt they were watching it when it was just a clump of clouds.

And, all trades are risky
Old 12-19-2017,

Damn I hate second guessing myself, I went with DK instead of APC, could have taken profits on APC today, but I'm stuck holding DK waiting on an uptrend. I wish I could blame someone besides myself, although APC made the run to $50 on news other than tropics activity, I would have settled for being lucky.