logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Trading systems, newsletters and coaching

Old 12-16-2017,

Costco is a triple buy here in the 48s. Excellent price right here. No bad news out of this here. Clearly beating out BJs and Sams Club by far. Cramer also reccomends it and has for more than a year now I believe. I think it can hit 60 by year end.
Old 12-17-2017,

Default Costco (COST) is a triple buy here in the 48s

The whole retail sector is very suspect. This stocks P/E is still a bit high for comfort.

Personally, I'm a COSTCO member and don't feel that I save that much money as member. I may let my membership lapse. Also, I always seem to wait 10 mins. to get to a checker.
Old 12-18-2017,

I like Costco a lot. They are raising membership prices $5 but I do not believe other customers will mind. They have great quality with their Kirkland Signature brands, you can save a ton if you can handle the quantity, and they have great programs like car buying services and mortgage loans and the like.

Recently got a lexus for the dad and the costco car program was less than the Edmunds.com true market value. I was impressed.

True they have long lines at times, but doesn't that speak to the marketability of Costco? I think it is best of breed and will continue to go higher. They are continuall expanding and making all the right moves.

That said, I do think their stock is overvalued right now in the business cycle and there are safer choices at the moment.
Old 12-19-2017,

Sort of off topic here, I hope who8me2k7 doesn't mind; does Costco accept credit cards beside their own? (if they have their own) and do they stop everyone at the exit and check your items vs your receipt? Sam's Club does, and it annoys me to no end to be essentially judged as a thief, and accepting a Sam's Club Mastercard but not any other has to be costing them some business, it' certainly cost them some of mine.