Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Trading systems, newsletters and coaching

Old 12-17-2017,
Default Did anybody feel like it was a wierd trading day today???

I know it has nothing to do with specific stocks I'm looking at etc. But this was the only place I could think of posting...

Somehow, I felt like a very wierd day today...

Everything major was down including oill, gold, the big boards, etc. Only thing I think was up was Natural gas.

I got a trading buddy who works for a firm (they strictly trade commodities only) said that it was a very very wierd day for them also.

There was that Coup in Thai as you know.

And Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and George W. Bush were supposed to speak at U.N. today. Ahmadinejad's speech was cancelled. No further information given.
Old 12-18-2017,

My buddy said that his commodity, cotton, was performing just fine. And all the sudden it dropped like crazy (he said about 130 points I think), and after that, everything just seemed jittery.

If all these major commodities and stocks are down, where did all the money go? I mean, seriously, OIL WAS DOWN at the same time SILVER, GOLD, INDUSTRIAL METALS, COPPER...etc.

Auto Parts stores sector was the best performer today at +2.68%. Then Dairy Producers at +2.49%.

Just kinda wierd. Really hope its nothing...
Old 12-20-2017,

It was wierd for me, in the sense that I woke up and checked my account and had purchased Google by suprise, I had a limit order in there for like 395, and I didn't expect it to go through....
Old 12-20-2017,

Gold and Crude are closely tied together in price movement, I think we may see $550 for Gold and just under or just over $60 for Crude. Even without fear driven price hikes the supply and demand will even out at some point. The inventory report at 10:30 this morning will be key to seeing prices stabilize and creep back up or slide more.
Old 12-21-2017,

The Thailand thing was a factor as a downward press, the '97 asian currency crisis was precipitated by a fall in the baht, and that had world wide effects. I also think the Broad indexes being so close to highs has some folks a little wary of making big bull moves here. And of course the day before the fed folks are wary. Futures up big today though so who knows.