logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Penny Stock Picks (trading under $2.00)

Old 12-21-2017,

Default Limit order question

I placed a limit order @1.63 for EZEN and (1000 shares) and it filled 40 of them if i change the price to 1.64 will it charge me another commition?
Old 12-23-2017,

Most likely, but it depends on your brokerage house. This question belongs in an email to them, not the Stock Ideas forum.
Old 12-24-2017,

I don't think the 40 shares would effect anything. Atleast with scottrade you can edit your open orders unless they are filled by the time the modified order is recieved. And i think yours is considered an open order for 960 shares now. But I think if you called your local office they should be able to give you a pretty quick answer.

Chances are pretty good that by the EOD you should be able to fill your order at 1.63 if the stock price is floating around there.
Old 12-24-2017,

Your answer is incorrect. If they have partially filled your order, and then you change your price, they will charge you a second commission. The 960 shares are an open order but an order has been made already for the 40 shares. So a change in price will make it another order.
Old 12-26-2017,

Bitch about what? That YOU changed YOUR order? It's nothing they did, it's you not understanding how the system works. If you had a question about how it works, you should have done some research on it and if you still can't find the answer, contact customer support. A knee-jerk reaction is not the way to go about things and them blame "them". If you are unhappy with who you use, then change. Use the SEARCH function in this forum. MANY MANY people have written posts about who they use and their likes/dislikes.
Old 12-26-2017,

In essence what you are doing is canceling your prior order. You bought 40 shares so they charger your comission. Then you are placing a new order at a different price. Once you buy 1 share, you will get charged.