logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search
Old 01-03-2018,

Default FIZ buy more?

From what Mel said on Jim's show, Howard is suppose to have two of his own channels on Sirius. So, just avoid those channels I guess?

You don't have to be a fan of Howard, Just a fan of the fans that are. The more fans there are the more money Sirius makes, and that's good news in my book.
Old 01-05-2018,

Mid-January Target $8.00 & it will take a nice dive before it creeps up there. I know that Walmart, Best Buy and Circuit City are doing well selling these products and the S50 are being sold out in a number of stores. BestBuy.com is listing it sold out.

Don't take my word for it go see for yourself.
Old 01-07-2018,

Your question is too simple. If you have Cinemax for cable, there's a late night movie that shows at midnight...but the deal is, you don't have to watch it. There's tons of channels out there to choose besides Cinemax at midnight. Same thing for radio, The country radio is there, but guess what? I don't have to listen to it.
Sirius satellite radio has over 120 channels and more coming soon, and I'm pretty sure that you'll have more selection that you could ever wanted.
Old 01-07-2018,

They aren't counting paying individuals who have actually activated their subscriptions with their own money, just the trial subscriptions sold to automakers. The average age of a new car buyer is not in Howard Stern's target market, either. His audience is in the demographic most deeply in debt and least likely to sustain paid subscriptions, long term. It's not adding up.

As far as "turn the channel, if you think it's garbage," VIA tried that on viewers and they did. And parents don't have to waste time watching their kids like hawks, if they subscribe to XM, who has better musical selections, in my opinion, anyway.
Old 01-08-2018,

I, myself like Sirius programming better. As for Howard Stern, you don't have to listen, I probably won't. The thing is, 2 channels won't spoil the other 118 channels for me.

One thing I would like to say though is that anytime I talk about H.S. as being a good reason to own Sirius, I hear about Opie and Anthony on XM. But no one ever talks about how filthy they are when talking about why not to own XM. My point being, you will get the same filth with either, but there is a double standard due to Howard's rep.

I think owning either stock will make you rich in 2-3 years time, and both are fine products. If there is a reason to own or not own according to Howard, I think it would be a reason to own, simply for the fact that he is the "king of all media" and has 12 million of people that listen to him every week. Numbers don't lie.