logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Trading systems, newsletters and coaching

Old 01-06-2018,

Default TIE - TITANIUM METALS - TCG, what do you think?

Going up consistently, is this one that may fall back? Metals are looking good for the year of 2005 and should we continue to see the same in 2006? Almost approaching its 52 week high. I have also been watching RTP - RIO TINTO, Which also has been doing well. Is this a time to get in while they are high because they will go higher, or wait for the pullback?
Old 01-06-2018,

i bought on fri at 64.00. sold thurs at 74.00. just scared me to stay in even though this stock is on fire. i'd like to get back in on a pull back, but up 10 points in 4 trading days was enough profit for me. pigs get slaughtered!
Old 01-09-2018,

The reason I haven't gotten in is because of how widely this stock can swing in one day. Today, the low was $70.62 and the high was $79.44, right now, it's at $73.90, down 63 cents. How to know the right entry level? This one is for people with nerves of steel.
Old 01-09-2018,

The main theory about TIE is they are the leading Company for, what else, Titanium. Before TIE was hot because of the golf industry, now with all the orders for new planes, which is a leading consumer of Titanium and Aluminum. CHINA has recently contracted to purchase 150 new planes from AirBus and another 50 from Boeing for it's state owned airlines. So it's keeps the suppliers of the raw materials busy. ERGO TIE.
Old 01-09-2018,

Qantas also has a big plane order pending, and will make its decision over Airbus vs. Boeing on Wed. Lots of orders out there, it's a very bull market right now, but the stock has just not been acting 'normally'. We finally today got a healthy pullback. The chart was starting to turn parabolic and is out of control. Like DIW said, it's had some wild swings lately and today was one of 'em, about 11 points. I'm glad I got out yest, cause this is just too volatile for me right now. Personally, I like the company and think it's still in bull marktet mode for at least 6 months to a year, but the stock has just gotten way ahead of itself.
Old 01-10-2018,
Administrator

I think this stock has a long term future, but hedge funders have been pouring their money into metals and foreign investments and you know how they can affect a stock, for better or worse. Regarding the companies they pile into, I think it's best to take profits when we can, then get back in at lower levels, or they'll run out and leave us all hanging like a bunch of fools, while they collect fat bonuses and head to the nearest BMW dealer. Boo yah!