Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Charts, news and analysis (official contributors)

Old 02-21-2018,
Default AOB - what do think chinaman or any china-fans?

Cramer has a built-in edge on his picks anyway I believe, if the tracking begins at the closing before his mention. To be fair, the first chance the average trader or investor has to use his suggestions is AFTER his mention, which is the next open unless you trade after hours, where you will be almost certain to catch the peak. Is he tracked from the next open when his information is useable (fair), or does his gain or loss begin at the price immediately before his mention (cheat)?
Old 02-26-2018,

I'm not talking about a measly 10% stop loss that has a good chance of getting hit... maybe 40, even 50%. You are going to be holding F forever and your cash is going to be tied up while other better investments come and go.

I'm a firm believer in cut your losers off and let your winners run. Of course, if I hold a stock over a month, something's gone wrong.
Old 02-27-2018,

I fail to see the advantage in that, because in my trading, catastrophic losses like FORD are uncommon, and even if I had placed that type of stop, how would I be better off, since in total I am still at less than the 50% stop you reccommend. Also, when trading is halted, as in FORD this morning, there is a chance that I would have been sold out in the $8 range when trading resumed.