Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Charts, news and analysis (official contributors)

Old 03-02-2018,
Default Intrade - high risk / quick money

I've had an account with intrade for a little over a year.
For those that are extreme risk takers and looking for the chance to make some quick bucks, try setting up an account with them.

For example, if you were to buy contracts at say .50 that the Dow would close up for the day and it did, your contacts would expire at 1.00 for a 50% gain (less fees).
But if the Dow was down for the day, you lose it all. You can sell your contracts before they expire, to limit intraday loss or lock in a profit.

You can trade on just about anything, including the index averages, current events, the weather, entertainment, and political event outcomes.
Old 03-03-2018,

In regard to the above I might add, this in no stretch of the imagination should be considered investing.

It is merely speculation on the future outcome of an event, like gambling.
The risk of loss is extreme, but the possibility of quick gains is unlimited.
I've had days that I lost everything on the table, and weeks that I turned an initial $250 into over $10,000.

One of my favorites is the intraday DJIA contracts. You can predict the DOW price at any hour of the day, or another is the daily close of the DJIA at + or - for the day and by how many points,,,i.e. +25, +50, etc.
Old 03-04-2018,

Man O' man, as if the market isn't enough of a crapshoot. I don't think I can stand much more excitement (much less the thrill of losing my butt) and I will leave it to gutsier souls than I. Hell, I thought I was a risk taker when I bought my first airplane and taught myself to fly it in the middle of Alaska. I was a flyspeck of a risk taker in the greater scheme of things it seems. Good luck ........be sure to stock a lot of TUMS in the medicine cabinet !
Old 03-06-2018,

never heard of this before. So this site is just like a host that connects these "gamblers" together and charges a fee "rake"? Just like a poker room?

I see how many guesses can be somewhat educated guess, but still, what a risk!