logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search
Old 01-14-2018,

Default SIRI Long Term?

Agreed. I wouldn’t mess w/ the stock unless you plan on shorting it on a daily basis. The time to get into SIRI was before H. Stern and to sell right after. Now it’s anybody’s guess if it’s a long term winner. They missed their numbers so the stock is low, but if they miss again it will go even lower. The only way this stock goes much higher is if XM and SIRI merge, and I doubt the SEC will allow that….the whole monoploly thing.
Old 01-16-2018,

I'd avoid all radio and newspaper stocks. The risk reward doesn't seem that great. The stock has lots of debt. Plus, if we ever go into a real recession, I think people will cancel their sat. radio before cancelling their cell phone, cable tv, or internet connection. You also have the slight risk of their satellite getting knocked out or Howard Stern dying that would probably kill the stock.

It does seem to channel though. So trading the range could make you some mad money. I put my mad money in ARTG
Old 01-16-2018,

I wasn’t aware that the Securities and Exchange Commission has any authority over merging companies.
Care to elaborate/explain?
Old 01-17-2018,

m wondering if anyone else thinks SIRI is finding a short term bottom here at these levels. Avg daily volume is 48m and we had about 18m today.
Old 01-18-2018,

I am in for 1500 shares... I just have a hard time thinking that Sirius doesn't have potential. Look at XM's history. Sirius has narrowed the gap considerably. Unfortunately risk is my weakness... I love risk...I tend to think sirius will eventually climb...they obviously aren't going away anytime in the near future...I also think they have nearly bottomed out....I'm in for another 3000 shares probably Monday....