logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Trading systems, newsletters and coaching

Old 01-15-2018,

Default Rating 2007 Portfolios

I thought It would be fun to discuss 2007 portfolios, This will be my first full year of investing I am still young and just getting the feel of this, I have been accumulating stocks I think will make me some money in 2007 and some stocks beyond that, without to much risk. I am still not very good at speculating. So here is what I have.

MO
MSFT
GME
HAL
CMG
SHLD
GW
GE
Old 01-16-2018,

I haven't bought anything this year. I currently own shares of:

MSFT
GW
INFA
TIBX
LWSN
ARTG
ENTG
DISCA
LINTA
LCAPA

The last three stocks were the result of my Liberty Media stock being broken apart. I'm glad Liberty broke up, cause those stocks did move higher. Most of my stocks are in tech, but that's what I know and follow. My biggest gainer last year was SCSS though and I sold it all.
Old 01-16-2018,

I think TIBX, ARTG and GW have the best chance of making significant gains this year(ARTG is very volitale). LWSN should do very well in the 2nd half of this year.

INFA, TIBX and LWSN are all potential buyout plays.

I think I might sell MSFT as it nears $35.00. If ENTG doesn't do much this year, I might sell it too.

I might buy HAL when the bleeding finally stops. Also looking at CREE and TXRH.
Old 01-17-2018,

As of today, my porfolio is composed of:
AMGN
NBR
IIF
ELOS
OXPS
GYMB
AES

looking to sell NBR and IIF and move into APOL and NFLX. I had a crappy 2006, which was my first year of investing and I closed down 2% but so far in 2007 I'm up 7% (only 8 trading days so far!) .
Old 01-17-2018,

I sold half of my position in ENTG. I'm selling the rest before they announce earnings. It just hasn't done much. Dead money for a long time. Of course, many times when I give up on a stock, the thing begins to take off. Go figure. But you just hate watching a stock flatline, when many other stocks you like start moving upward. And since I'm not getting a dividend to wait, I figure it's time to move on to something hopefully better.

I also sold some shares of INFA before their CC last week and then bought the shares back after the dip. They had a very good QTR and raised guidance for the year. I'm not sure why it fell after the CC, but I think I bought it back on sale. And I bought some more shares of TIBX. I should have bought more shares of LWSN. The CEO recently bought a lot of shares.
Old 01-18-2018,
Administrator

I'm not sure what I'm buying next. Maybe BEAS or BEAV.

My swing trade on ARTG is going pretty good so far. I'm up 18% in just a few months. I don't know if I should sell it all or hold it through the conference call. Insiders were buying shares and they probably made their numbers this QTR since they missed last QTR because some big deals didn't get signed in time. I guess the stock price depends on future guidance. It's always risky holding during the CC. I haven't made up my mind on holding or selling it yet.