logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Stock picks and trading strategies

Old 01-18-2018,

Default Chinese long term plays?

Optimus - yeah, it's easy to get caught up in the excitement. It must be that get rich quick gene hidden within all of us. Maybe Merck can make a drug to fix that urge
Old 01-19-2018,

I don't pay attention to Cramer's picks and pans as much as I do to his advice about investing, in general, which has really helped me out a lot. Using that, I have been able to pick some good winners, developed the courage to dump losers, and I do get some ideas about individual stocks on his show. But like most of you here, I research and make my own choices in the end. Pricing and entry points has a lot to do with my own successes and failures, I noticed, and the market has been very volatile. It's hard to know what to do, in that regard.
Old 01-22-2018,

Guess I need to clarify what I put in the post. I think its dangerous for a lot of investors to watch MadMoney. Not everyone but some people might blindly follow his hipe and as a result lose their shirt. He's a salesman and he's very capable of leading the herd over the cliff. The TV network should do a lot more to tone him down or get him off the air. I hate to see some old man and woman lose their retirement nestegg by following his advise. I think it would be ok if the old man and woman paid to get his advise and as a result they lose their shirt but right now his advise is almost forced on everyone because its on every day three times a day.
Old 01-22-2018,

Anyone who acts on his advise without first doing their own research deserves what they get. How seriously can you take a guy who throws chairs and toy bulls around? He has some good general advice and provides ideas. He may bring stocks to your attention that you've never heard of before. However, it is the individual's responsibility to to their own follow-up research before investing their money. You can devote a small portion of your portfolio to "gambling", but you shouldn't put yourself in a position to lose your nest egg based on the advice of a guy on TV that's throwing toy bulls and shouting things like "booyah" and "are you ready skee-daddy".