logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Charts, news and analysis (official contributors)

Old 01-17-2018,

Jap car makers ain't very smart, they like "average" business owners. They know what customer want and then make the right products for them.

F and GM r hopeless, they don't know what the customers want. They make ugly, old style, low milage, unsafe, cheap quality, 0 resale value, and ugly (Oop, did i mention that before? :lol: ) I think their designers are either 79 yr old or they just want to make something that their "senior" CEO like. U know, if CEO doesn't like it, it is not a "good" design"...

I think they can make it better if they "really" want to... like "K car" was a big hit in 90. If their CEO still doesn't realize their problem, bankcrupcy is the only result for them.
Old 01-18-2018,

Default Agree with Cramer that CTHR is a mon back...

i think the big three are getting what they deserve! imo, you buy a new car and at 50 k you be fixing it. plastic this and plastic that! wtf... plastic does not go on the engine desighners! american consumer thinks it is a rip off to pay to have a car fixed within 75k of when purchased. i useed a fleet of ford f-550 trucks for wreckers and carriers and they were fragile garbage. i useed chevrolets c3500hd for the same use and those were garbage-150k tops and they were wore out.
we now have a winning combo. gm's c6500 series with the cat 3126 engine and the allison auto trans, that truck be a monster reliable unit. offered by gm..
ford? still pushing that 6.0 peice of crap and gouging for a mix with the cummins.
dodge offers the cummins engine but the frames are like tooth picks and deemed unstable for our use.
so i think gm will have the comercial truck sales if they can keep that crap duramax out of the bodies, but they aint gunna..
Old 01-20-2018,

I think the consumers who was surveyed are thinking for their long-term service for which I understand. They probably realized that, if a auto company is going bankrupt, they are already assuming that there must be something wrong with how the company develop cars, run the company or just the people not having that confidence anymore.

If I think that one of their car is solid and a great buy, it shouldn't matter regardless of how the company is doing. Especially that GM, a few months back offered some great discounts on their cars which obviously didn't work out very well on their part. I would leave it there for a reason that I like that model regardless of how the company is doing. But I don't like either GM or Ford to begin with even before; I always like Hondas or Toyota because they're more reliable and they can run forever.