logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search
Old 01-17-2018,

The "K car"?!! That POS is the poster child for why the U.S. carmakers screwed up! :lol: It is amazing how everything runs in cycles. The last oil crunch was actually the cause of why America started losing its edge. There has only been a handful of "cool cars that kickass" since the mid 1970's. The U.S. gave up on building nice looking cars because they had to get costs down and fuel efficiency up. The one edge the Japanese had was reliability. Basically, all of the U.S. cars (in the early 80's especially) were crap. The K car is a piece of crap. You will know it is a piece of crap because it is old enough to be a collectible and the K car will never be a collectible. :lol:
Old 01-17-2018,

Default Sirius sellers

I agree with most of what you said there Jacob. I think most of what the U.S. makes is still crap and now it is simply high-priced crap. Hopefully the Big 3 will get their costs waaaay down. Then they will hopefully slim down in their inventory, start building stuff people want to buy, and make it affordable by coming up with some great lease programs. The price of a car is really getting to be as big of an investment as the cost of a home was 10 years ago in many parts of the country. 8O I don't think there is a car built today that is worth it. And it is my argument for why I drive the type of cars I do (my 1976 Mercury Cougar XR7 with 49K original miles is on its way! :lol: ). But I'd consider a brand new midsize pickem up truck if they made the lease payment about $99/month, and covered the maintenance during the entire lease period! :lol: BTW, you mentioned that you operate "carriers." Do you have a fleet of trucks that can transport 3 or 4 vehicles at a time? If you do I believe I have some steady work for you.
Old 01-19-2018,

In short answer to the question, no I would not buy a car from a bankrupt company. I think a better question is, is the auto maker really in jeopardy of going bankrupt. As for GM and Ford, all I know is they are trillion dollar companies, and GM is trading at 1/3 its 5 year high. Didn't Warren Buffet make a lot of money in American Express when rumor had it was going bankrupt?
Old 01-21-2018,

8 vehicles from N.E. Pa to Detroit, Mi. (550 miles). You get $200 each and they needs ta be picked up on Fri! :lol: No, seriously, do you do short haul stuff (500 miles) and run from the east coast to the midwest and vice versa? Since this is an off topic post we can take the discussion to the PM board at de udder site. if yawnto that is.
Old 01-22-2018,

CTHR is way oversold here. Company sales and revenues are doing great. Management chose to expand the sales base in a responsible way, as opposed to the Krispy Kreme way and the stock sells off. Well, I think this drop has been a huge buying opportunity. CTHR also will pay a large dividend in January.