logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Penny Stock Picks (trading under $2.00)

Old 01-28-2018,

Default Market summary 10/13/2006

Rambus holds more than 500 patents and defends them aggressively.

In April, Rambus won at $306.5 million patent infringement case against Hynix Semiconductor, but the judge called the verdict excessive, and said Rambus could accept a reduced $133.5 million award or retry the case. On Aug. 2, the Federal Trade Commission said Rambus had unlawfully created a monopoly for technologies used in the DRAMs. Some analysts believe the FTC will establish royalty rates that could lead to a settlement.

In 2002, the Federal Trade Commission said Rambus violated antitrust laws by misleading a standards-setting organization. While participating in the Joint Electron Device Engineering Council's process of setting advanced chip standards, Rambus allegedly hid relevant patents and patent applications. The FTC charged that the Council established standards without knowing that Rambus held relevant patents. Rambus later revealed its patents during patent infringement lawsuits against JEDEC members that used the new standard.
Old 01-29-2018,

i am sitting here trying to briefly summarize for folks- i cant do a better job than the video. in the what you need to know column- failure to deliver (ftd) is an artificial market influence that reduces shareholder value (costs YOU money) that can threaten a corporation's survival, and hence affect the overall economy.

my theory of placing limit sells, if your broker puts them on the order book, would reduce the likelyhood of your shares being loaned in an unscrupulous ftd situation. as noted, this would have to practiced on a massive scale to truely impact the market.

all just my rantings, remember i am the paranoid goldbug. but i hope everyone agrees that a free, transparent market is the surest defense against market manipulation.
Old 01-29-2018,

what is naked short selling and how does it differ from regular short selling, and why would u put your sell price much higher, what does that do?
Old 01-31-2018,

a blast from the past, a very clear and well made presentation explaining the mechanics of naked short selling, and why it is a problem. its about an hour, but the first 20 mins or so are the critical parts, if memory serves.
Old 01-31-2018,

all just my rantings, remember i am the paranoid goldbug. but i hope everyone agrees that a free, transparent market is the surest defense against market manipulation.
Old 02-02-2018,

Going to be CMED and tomorrows will be XING. JMHO