logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Learn how to trade or invest by asking questions

Old 01-28-2018,

Default market-correction-coming-together

There is almost always a sell off on the election year of about 10%.

Oil is going higher & Job #'s are going to be good. Hence, inflation is going higher and rates will go higher, which will push the dollar value up and gold down.

Look for a correction in the gold market with the rest of the market. Everyone who bought at the end of this gold rush will be tumbling over themselves to get out.

A buying opportunity will be coming soon for those that are waiting with cash.
Old 01-28-2018,

I know. Blah blah. The economy is strong. I'm even seeing this and I'm a pessimist. I'm actually happy because I was blaming Bush. When the jobless decrease in the nation, that is a very good sign to me. My brother just finished a computer degree, and he's about to get a job.

If the jobless do go down tomorrow, I'll be very happy. Go usd. Chill out crude--I'll be driving 10k this summer. Chill out gold. Go techs! The economy is booming.
Old 01-29-2018,

How is inflation good for the USD? Seems counterintuitive.

Also, we're just at or very close to the peak in the economic cycle. The reason tech is booming is because tech is a deeper cyclical sector whose earnings are less affected by the Fed tightening. Sure it's a good sign for the economy but know that right around the corner earnings will be slashed and we're going to be in a contraction economically which will usher in a bear market. It's right around the corner folks, hold on to your butts.
Old 01-30-2018,

I saw it setting up last night. It does, but do the feds have a clue? I'm just predicting how the market would read the signs. The USD going up is the oposite of inflation. The USD going up would cause gold and oil to go down. This means we're at the end of a bull season.