logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Trading systems, newsletters and coaching

Old 01-28-2018,

Default dell - another crappy tech company

yet again another horrible tech company losing half its market share. warning estimates well behalf what the street has. confirmation that tech is the wrong place to be right now.
Old 01-28-2018,

The problem with Dell is there really isn't a reason for most people to upgrade their computer. If they purchased a PC in the last few years, then most people have more than enough speed to do their work or play games. The only people that really need a faster computer are users that are working with video. Video, especially HD video, can bog down even the fastest PC.

There are still many great tech companies that are worth buying. But you might want to avoid hardware companies that make components for PCs. Laptops should still sell well.
Old 01-28-2018,

MSFT is different. They have a monopoly and have pricing power. Vista will eventually come out. New software that only runs on Vista will come out. People and businesses will eventually have to upgrade to the new software. They might not have to buy new PCs though since the latest PCs will run Vista just fine. I'll eventually upgrade to Vista. It might not be for 3 or 4 years, but I'll eventually upgrade. I'll probably buy a new PC though and it will probably be a Dell.
Old 02-01-2018,

I will never buy a Dell computer again. My CPU fan, a $16 piece of equipment, on my 2 year old Dell Dimension has been out of stock for over a month. Customer service is horrible. Evidently, Dell has outsourced their "customer service" and tech department to India and the phone connections have a delay that many times you end up speaking over each other or yelling into the phone because they can't hear you.
BTW, I ended buying a CPU fan for $5 at a local mom and pop shop and it works great. Dell is getting what it deserves!