logo
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search

Go Back   Forums > Stock picks and trading strategies

Old 01-06-2018,

Default FORD - wish I could get more

Figuring FORD didn't have much downside, I got some 3 weeks ago, now after today's fiasco, wish I wasn't tapped out, because I am down big on this one, and don't see how anyone could lose, since this reaction is in my opinion, overdone. Not trying to pump, just trying to make someone some money. Check it out.
Old 01-07-2018,

Regretably, I got in with 200 on the 2nd at 17.25. Ouch!! House of pain 3 weeks running, only to realize true agony today. I make my own decisions, but that still doesn't stop me from loathing the ceo with his positive outlook today, while wiping out my cash in the same breath. Oh,well, still doubled the DIA this year.
Old 01-08-2018,

Different strokes for different folks. What is rediculous is getting stopped out at the bottom of a little dip a few times and watching your stock recover and take off without you. And yes, I have heard of them, and used them back when, but got tired of what they cost me in gains. That is one point where I firmly agree with Cramer now, so you go ahead and put your stop losses in place.
Old 01-08-2018,

I fail to see the advantage in that, because in my trading, catastrophic losses like FORD are uncommon, and even if I had placed that type of stop, how would I be better off, since in total I am still at less than the 50% stop you reccommend. Also, when trading is halted, as in FORD this morning, there is a chance that I would have been sold out in the $8 range when trading resumed.
Old 01-09-2018,

Ford Motor Company trades under the symbol F. It is not a good long term buy until below 5.50.The stock that trades under da symbol FORD is a piece of crap that everybody jumped on because it was the momo play of the day a few weeks to a few months ago. F is a decent long term play. FORD is an idiot stock. There are lots of idiot stocks that are now trading in the 20's like FORD was a few weeks back and will be trading for 5.00 in da future. Let's start with the letter A in da alphabet and expose them to da masses...AMR, AMTD....
Old 01-10-2018,
Administrator

PFE is the kind of stock that is going to confound traders when they really should be investors. My guess is that some news will come out on PFE before it actually hits long term bottom and the news will move it higher in a false move like GM made when Kerkorian started getting in. Just be careful you don't make the same mistake lots of fokes made with GM. GM traded to appx. 23-24 when Kerkorian got in last time. It then ran into the mid 30's on the CNBC hype and the false locic that "if Kerkorian likes it, it must be good!". I can see the same thang hapnin wit PFE. It might just run which will make you sorry enough that you got out to get you back in, only to be sorry you did that! That's the way most people do it. And a move through 25.00 means PFE runs the risk of a Cramer BUY BUY BUY call. This is just the type of setup in PFE that could make Cramer get all giddy. Then you will be betting with Cramer and a bunch of giddy idiots! YIKERS! :lol: